Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Saturday Goodies & Trade Bait

The final installment of "Cards I Got on Saturday" has arrived. Through the snow and wind, I trekked to  my nearest flea market in search of some set building material and cards I though I couldn't live without. Unfortunately, my favorite seller did not brave the winter storm and left me looking elsewhere for my fix. After some looking around, I came out pretty good. Without any further ado, let me introduce you to my finds.


If you read my "vintage" post, you know that I recently decided to start collecting more pre-80s cards that are reasonably priced. Two of the cards I ordered to start this venture were 1977 Topps Mark Fidrych and Dock Ellis. As you can see, I came across some pretty big names from that '77 set, which was the only set I built on this day. Eck, Nettles, Perez and Catfish, with the most expensive being just $2.50 (Eck). Go me!!!


I was able to work on some Player Collections Longo, Kimbrel, Uggla and Freeman. I was shocked that I didn't already have the 2011 Gypsy Queen Uggla. Guess I need to pay better attention.


Arenado and Beachy were kinda random for me. I had saw the Arenado Bowman on eBay and liked the card but didn't pull the trigger. Second time is a charm for me, I guess. Ok, I lied, '77 Topps was not the only set I worked on. I'm slowly trying to complete the '11 Lineage Rookies set. I'm missing about have the set, and Beachy was one of them.


I know that Doug over at Sportscards from the Dollar Store is going to love these. 2010 Topps WWE Legends and a couple Heritage Chrome of Kane. I've watched wrestling on and off my whole life, so I gravitated to these rather quickly, especially the 2010 WWE.


Finally, I'll end with the two pieces of trade bait I picked up. Both were marked half-off, so I figured someone out there could use one of these really nice cards. First, a 2011 Topps 60 Shin-Soo Choo auto. The other a 2011 Update Leather Nameplate Zach Britton. I really like the Namplate. Simple yet extremely cool. Hit me up if you'd like one or the other...or both! Doesn't matter to me.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Any thoughts on my pick-ups from the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment