Friday, July 11, 2014

Lovin' Some Shiny Car-ards

I don't know about you, but I've spent less and less more on cards on eBay over the last couple years, especially since being introduce to awesome Singles sites (Sportlots.com and Justcommons.com) by some awesome fellow bloggers. Thanks, by the way.

I still peruse everyday, though, looking for Todd Helton cards I don't normally see on those other sites and at my LCS. And occasionally, I'm pretty lucky. Take these three beauties for example.



2006 was the first year I recall Topps beginning to throw a ton of colors into the mix for collectors like us to fret over finding. I will admit that after seeing one of these Chrome Black Toddfathers floating around the 'Bay I had to have one but for the right price. $2.50 sounds like a pretty reasonable price to me.


It's crazy that the only 2014 Donruss Helton alluding me is the Season Stat Line, but I ended up finding a 2003 Season Stat Line first. I really can't complain, though. It's stunning, and the picture was taken at Turner Field to boot. Sweet.


Oh and it's numbered. 19/30, if you can't make that out. Kinda hard to see.

Now, let's step back into the time machine and head for the present.


There are another million colors of this bad boy, but the "base" insert was the first I could snatch up. It was even cheaper on eBay than Sportlots after shipping of course. That's insane.

I'll continue to scour the world of FeeBay, as the kids call it nowadays, for those elusive Heltons. I may even find the red and green plaid 2006 Topps Chrome version. If there is such a card. I'll have to get research on that, stat.


No comments:

Post a Comment