Sunday, July 27, 2014

I Won't Forget You

I've been avoiding this topic because I have mixed feelings. However, after witnessing for myself Dan Uggla in a Giants uniform, I feel it's time to say goodbye.

Goodbye to the three time All-Star Dan Uggla.


So long to the five straight years of 30+ home runs Dan Uggla.


Farewell to the right-handed helicopter back swinging Dan Uggla.


Tally ho to the middle-of-the-order power you don't want to leave a fastball up to Dan Uggla.


Though your best years are definitely past you and your career with the Braves ended on a sour not, I will still continue to root for you (except against the Braves and Rockies). Being one of the first players I actually watched come through the minors to make something of yourself, you will be forever immortalized in my Personal Collection for years to come.


And isn't that what all players want out of their careers? Ok maybe a championship or two. Maybe...


1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss :(

    On the plus side, since he's sliding out on a negative note his cards will be a good value for a few years. After a while collectors will forget the struggles and the demand will rise a bit.

    ReplyDelete