Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spiegel Strikes Again

This is Day Two of what should be a full slate of packaged goodies here at the Home of the Toddfather. Today, the bubble-wrapped glory comes all the way from Cali, Cali. (Small tangent: Favorite B.I.G. song is most definitely "Big Poppa". See Hardball starting Keanu Reeves.)

Anyway, I got a gift today that I was supposed to be expecting, but totally from Spiegel over at Nomo's Sushi Platter. This trade has been in the works for quite awhile, but we agreed to hold off on exchanging cardboard until we gathered more for each other.

I got my half today. (Spiegel, yours will be in the mail tomorrow.) Let's take a look-see, shall we?


In my deal trades with Spiegel, he always sends me some Rocky Mountain Purple. No shortage here. They are all great, but the Pomeranz and Giambi are awesome. The Gold Giambi can now come out of my COMC cart. I honestly forgot about ole Tyler Colvin. I may have to make a spot for him in the Blake Street Bombers binder before long. (Check my alliteration!)


A couple of Rox GUs. Yes, please! This is my first solo Larry Walker GU. I have at least one dual of him and Mr. Helton, but none on his own.


For only the second time I can recall, I have been sent a 2011 Bowman Platinum in a trade. Man, this set is hard to complete! No shocker really that Spiegel had an Ichiro to give up. If he's anything like me and I'm sure most of you, he has a whole box full of just double for his biggest PC.


On my search to complete the 2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor set, I realized, "Hey, maybe I should try to finish the base set, too, since I'm buying a crap-ton of blasters to try to get the purple." Great idea, Tim. Great idea.


The puzzle portion of my 2012 Triple Play set is nearing the finish line. I'm now down to just needing 15 out of 144. Taking a look at the leader board show us that Upton, Castro, Reyes, Hudson, Holliday, and Longoria have all tapped out, while the 15 remaining cards are spread out over 10 players.

J.Up - 0
Castro - 0
El Caballo - 1
Prince Albert - 1
Reyes - 0
A-Roid - 1
Cespedes - 1
Doc - 2
Cutch - 1
O-Dogg - 0
Posey - 2
Ichiro - 2
Holliday - 0
Longo - 0
Hamilton - 2
Joey Bats - 2

Thanks be to Spiegel and his awesome trade package for me. Great stuff, my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the trade. I look forward to seeing what you sent my way.

    ReplyDelete