Friday, February 22, 2013

All the Way to a Great Haul

Mustard and Brown. What does that have to do with the Home of the Toddfather? Well, it means my 2013 Series One is almost complete!

Marcus from All the Way to the Backstop send me a huge stack of the flagship to cut my needs to 23. A little note, I've never completed a base set in less than 6 months. So close!

Of course, the inserts are a different story. If you have some to spare, check out my want list. I'd love the help.

Now back to the reason for the post...my treasures from Marcus...


Starting of course with the notables. I know everyone is watching Dylan Bundy in this years rookie class, but I'm anxious to see what Tyler Skaggs can bring to the D'Backs. I've seen him sparingly since I'm obviously not in that market. I am impressed with what I have seen, though.

Got the usual suspects as well. Reyes, Kimbrel, King Felix, Zimmerman, and my man Dan!


I really like these throwback uni cards. I have never been a big fan, but the card design draws me in to the goodness that is old-school duds.


The great, and awkward, shots from the group. Love the Kipnis mid-air turning two. Kearns holds the record for biggest dip in the set thus far. I have never liked Casey McGehee. I honestly think he is garbage. This shot doesn't help his case with me. My caption for this picture: "I hope coach doesn't put me in the field after this. I'm going to be indisposed for awhile."

So what. I'm childish. Wanna fight about it?


Then we have the inserts. Big fan of the Calling Cards. I always try to work on the "young guys" sets. Minis are always cool. The Chasing History is a bit perplexing to me. As I have stated prior to this post, I don't like the parallels in an insert set. I doubt I'll try for all three. Leaning toward the Holographic Foil. I'm curious as to everyone else thinks about these.


I'd be remiss if I didn't show a couple of the Rox Marcus sent. Pacheco trucking, and Tulo pondering. Love them both. Awesome additions to the Blake Street Bombers binder.

Thanks, Marcus. Every card is great and appreciated. Like what you see? Maybe you should go talk to Marcus, too.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got 'em Tim! Some more Rox comin' your way soon!

    ReplyDelete