Sunday, January 13, 2013

Like Father, Like Son

It's been so long since I've complete a trade that I almost forgot how it felt to receive the package. Thankfully, Tony, a reader, reminded. Tony contacted me in hopes of filling some of his 2012 Topps inserts and some Giancarlo Statons or Jason Heywards. Unfortunately, I had no Jay-Hey Kids to to give, but I did find some pretty nice cards, regardless. In return, Tony completed three of my sets (1991 & 2012 Topps, 1991 Score and help with 1/4 of the wants for another (1988 Score). Turns out, I was missing a father son duo of cards in sets 21 years apart.

Giving the Stottlemyres a run for their money.
Doug and Kyle Drabek could go down in history as the greatest father-son pitching duos of all-time. Not like there is much competition. Father Doug was the 1990 NL Cy Young Award winner and finished in the top five two more times. Kyle is a very promising starter for the new AL East favorite Blue Jays. Both played for Pennsylvania teams, although Kyle never made it to Philadelphia before being shipping with others to Toronto for Roy Halladay. Tough, crafty right handers that I'm glad I could give a good home.

Thanks, Tony, for the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment