Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who Needs 2013?

Don't get me wrong. 2013 has produced some killer sets in which I'd love to invest my time and money. The Allen & Ginter design is my favorite in the all the years of its existence. The Online Exclusive Minis and Gypsy Queen are kinda neat. Bowman Platinum is expensive. And I've already completed a set of Bowman that is very similar to this years design.

BUT...because of my reckless abandon deeper into the hobby in 2012, I have several incomplete sets, most of which I'm still working on. Dang you, Topps Chrome Purple!!!

Anyway, due to my near absence in 2013 sets (PC wants, Flagship and Archives excluded), I been able to do some wheelin' and dealin' with the same amount of money I do have. Several incredible people have made the dealin' part much easier.

Case in point, Brandon, CCW member and much-appreciated reader, hit me up after a desperate plea from yours truly for some "oddball" Todd Helton help. In return for my very first pack-pulled auto, Brandon provided me with these beauties.


Two lefty first basemen! Both numbered!! Both needed!!!

The Hosmer Gold is my second from this year's Archive. (The other, Jose Altuve. Anyone need it?) Eric has come around the second half of the season for the Royals and is a key part of KC's Wild Card run. In fact, I just read a very good article on Hosmer and the O's Chris Davis.

2002 was a good year for Upper Deck as it began to up its game to complete with Topps, Fleer and Donruss. Honestly, I'm a sucker for the different UD sets released from 2000-2008, and this Helton patch falls right in line. The best card is the AWESOME purple stripe!!! Doesn't hurt that its numbered. Have I said that already?

Thank you, Brandon, for these awesome cards and for reaching out. I hope you enjoyed the trade just as much as I did.

Have a great night everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment