Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wherever the Chipz May Fall

Yesterday, I talked about my lack of buying into quite a few 2013 sets. Yet I did not mention one of the cooler sets (personal opinion, of course) for the year. I'm talking of course of the 2013 Topps Chipz!


These are obviously not your standard cardboard. And I can understand the traditional collectors not liking the idea of combining poker chips and baseball cards. For me though, the appeal is all about the elusiveness of a similar set only eight years earlier. That set...2005 Topps Pack Wars.


The Todd Helton from this set has eluded for a long time. Not only that, but any of the chips I would want are way out of my price range. This years version is affordable and loaded with stars, parallels, relics and autos.

Here's the thing, though. I've opened four packs and have no plans on finishing. Just trying to the likes of Mark Trumbo, Eric Hosmer and Dan Uggla. So, I'd like to trade them off for any of my PC players.

Here's what I've got.

Base


Glow in the Dark?

Gold

The Hamels and Morse I've marked as Glow in the Dark may not be completely accurate, but the background on them is raise making it course. Really, I'm not sure what else they could be. If you can lend a helping hand with some info on these, it would be appreciate. The only chip that is possibly spoken for is the Alexi Ramirez.

If anyone is interested, you know how to get a-hold of me. Have a great night, everyone!!!

1 comment: