Sunday, September 22, 2013

Getting Back to It

Admittedly, I've been slacking on my blog posting and reading since joining some cards forums around the internet. What can I say? It's easy to get on there and set up trades whether I'm on lunch from work or just lounging around the house allowing me to stray away from the blogosphere and my friends.

A package that I totally forgot about reminded me today what I was missing in the forums where I'd buried my head: the personal relationships formed through reading a person's heart pour out into the hobby they love, cherish, etc. It cannot be found while stirring up trades elsewhere.

So after going through a trade package I received from Brian over at Play at the Plate, I went straight to the blogs that I constantly found myself reading only a couple months prior. Then proceeded to write this.

Enough with the pouring of emotions. Wanna see my loot? Dumb question. Of course you do.

Let's start with some mini-rama.


The Trevor Story is my first foray into the Bowman Chrome Prospect Mini Refractors (or whatever they are). I really like it, but Topps may be overdoing it with all these minis. Not sure of everyone else's feelings. Let me just say, though, that this are done much better than some of the other attempts ('87 Minis).

We also have the pacesetter of the "mini world", the 2003 Fleer Double Header. Love these, but man, they are hard to find! FYI: Jason Jennings was the Rookie of the Year in 2002 beating the likes of Brad Wilkerson (2nd), Kaz Ishii (4th), and Mark Prior (T-7th).

Time to show of the regular-size goods.


Sliding Cuddy in Emerald, swinging Rosario in Gold, Top Prospect (and ROY contender) Arenado. Let us not overlook the Garrett Atkins UD X GU. Atkins was a very good, productive member of the Rockies. For the Orioles...not so much. Coors Field??? Maybe.

It's a Tulo Attack!!!


Two rookies + three 2013s = LOVE. How many of you knew that Tulo wore any number other than 2 in any major league season?

Let's take a look at my favorite card from the stack.


Anyone have a guess? Try the 2000 Pacific Aurora. The bottom of the card has a fence in it! A FENCE!!! How awesome is that?!?! I've never in my life seen one of these before, and now I couldn't imagine my life without it. One thing, though: Larry Walker should never wear a Fu Manchu. That is hideous.

Last, but not least. A trio of Helton GU!


Two purples and a purple stripe. Now, those are some patches of royalty. Couldn't get too much better than that...except the SPx is #ed 5/800! Sweet.

Brian, thank you so much for this awesome package! Just awesome!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes on the minis.

    Yes on the fence.

    Yes on the blogosphere.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Night Owl's comment.

    Glad you liked the package.

    ReplyDelete