Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Beach Haul

Being on vacation didn't mean taking a break from collecting...just blogging apparently. I did visit a hobby shop in North Charleston. This was not my first time, so I knew what to expect when I walked through the doors to Hooked on Cards. Check out what I came away with. First, this nice looking 2008 Upper Deck Gold Todd Helton to added to the PC. In 2008, Helton missed 80 games on the DL and was the first time he failed to play at least 140 games on a season since becoming a Rockies regular. Bad year, but still a great card.

2008 Upper Deck Gold Todd Helton
I couldn't possibly forget the Freddie Freeman PC I start just a few weeks ago. These 2011 Topps cards make a great addition. Freeman may have grounded into the Braves' season ending double play in his impressive rookie campaign, but that doesn't make these cards any less collectible for me. He did make up for it this year by jacking the playoff-clinching walk-off home run against the Marlins this year.

2011 Diamond Duos and Gypsy Queen Future Stars Freddie Freeman
Speaking of Braves, I didn't have this Jason Heyward for my 2012 Gold Futures set. I completed the Series 1 portion thinking Topps wouldn't add to it in Series 2. Boy did they show me. Now I'm working my way back to complete status.

2012 Gold Futures Jason Heyward
Yeah, I know my girlfriend collects Joe Mauer, but I needed this one. She'll have to wait until next time around. It's difficult for me to find these 2011 Chrome Vintage Chrome anywhere but eBay, so I had to jump at the chance. Don't worry, I did get Ashley some other Mauers. I couldn't leave her hanging like that.

2011 Chrome Vintage Chrome Joe Mauer
Finally, I stumbled upon this gem. A 2010 Topps Legendary Lineage Larry Walker/Justin Morneau. Being a Rockies fan, I had to have it for a whole quarter. Then I got to thinking about the similarities between the two. Both hit for power and average. Both left handed. Both proud Canadians. Both MVPs (1997 & 2006). Crazy, right?

2010 Legendary Lineage Larry Walker/Justin Morneau
Well, anyway. If you made it through all that, thank you. If not, I don't blame you, but I could resist to share my favorite finds from Costal Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment