Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Been a Great Week

It's been awhile since my last post, but I do have a good excuse. It's called VACATION!!! You see, back in July, my boss told me, "Tim, you have a bunch of vacation days. You need to try to take a week of it in September." She was right. I had a bunch of vacation days, and for those of you thinking, "Just let them roll over for next year." I wish I could, my friends, but they do not at this company. And they only pay out three days of unused vacay. I decided the week before my birthday would be a perfect opportunity to go to one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth...Isle of Palms, SC. If you don't know where that is, shame on you, and see the map below.


The girlfriend and I packed up and headed there Monday morning and came home Friday afternoon. Hands down, one of the best vacations I've ever taken. Haven't been there? You should very soon. Anyway, for my birthday, Ashley treated me to a nice dinner and surprised me with two awesome presents!!! No tie, no socks. She got my most coveted card of all. A PSA Graded 10 Todd Helton Topps Traded Team USA! I couldn't have been more giddy. And yes, I said giddy. On top of that, she got a 2011 A&G Matt Cain Orange Patch Relic. Check them out.


To say that I was a happy man was an understatement. She did a great job and showed me another reason I keep her around. A great destination + an awesome girlfriend + amazing baseball cards = an OUTSTANDING VACATION!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that's a great present! Forget girlfriend, that is wife material!

    ReplyDelete