Wednesday, October 23, 2013

One Down...One to Go

It's no secret that I've been working on completing the 2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor set for more than a year now. Thanks to new sets, newer Helton wants, and a growing player collection, I've put the set on the back burner for most of 2013. But I have a renewed outlook after seeing my want list drop below 40 cards.

One other reason for the slow down in my pursuit of this beautiful, purple pieces of cardboard is the players left to acquire!

Chipper Jones, Albert Pujols, Clayton Kershaw, Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander. Not to mention the two biggest fish of the set, Bryce Harper and...


MIKE TROUT!!!

That's right, ladies and gents. I pulled off the upset of the week scoring this Trout off the 'Bay for less than I would have paid anywhere else (COMC and Sportlots, to name a couple).

Only $7 including shipping costs. Still more than I wanted to pay, but I expected nothing less of a Trout card.

Who's Next?!?!?!


I'm coming for you, Bryce Harper!!!

Have a great night, everyone!

1 comment: