Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Belated Birthday Celebration

As you may recall (and if you don't just scroll down a bit), I told you the story of my journey of a "before my birthday" birthday present from Ashley. Well, that wasn't all of the baseball-related celebrating that occurred.

You see, the weekend following my birthday I talked my little brother into taking a road trip with me. Where to you ask? The place everyone goes for a nice roadie...Louisville, KY!

Ok. You right. No one goes there for a road trip. Unless, of course, there's a card show in town!

Unfortunately, Louisville was on a short list (Murfreesboro, TN and Hickory, NC) of locations having a card show within driving distance. And while it was not a crowded as I was told it should be, my trip was well worth it.

I prepared myself with the fact that there wouldn't be a lot of Todd Helton stuff lying around waiting for me to pounce and what was there was probably base of which a have quadruples. So needless to say, I was extremely happy to find these.


$2 apiece! A steal considering most of these go for over $5 on the Bay. These weren't the only awesome GU I walked away with, though.


The quad of Dontrelle, Uggla, Miggy and Han Ram is by far the steal of the lot. Numbered 10/25...with Miguel Cabrera on it...$5. Not to mention my favorite card of the day the Hosmer/Moustakas dual jersey from '11 Bowman Sterling...$7

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not much for the "vintage" stuff, but for some reason unbeknownst to me I'm drawn to '77 Topps. Especially when some of them were just a quarter.


They may not be some of the biggest players from the set, but I'll take them!!!

Oh, I couldn't forget my Freddie Freeman collection either.


Too bad I was only able to find four...

I even brought Ashley back some cardboard.


Lauriniatis, Mauer and Ohio St. Yeah, I did good.

Last, but not least, some random PC needs.


Finally found a Dante Bichette, Jr. Got the '12 Topps Chrome Black Bautista for a mire dollar. Even grabbed a Dexter Fowler Auto, which is also my first letter relic, #ed 1/65!

Not too bad for a four hour drive! Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment