Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just a Reminder, Then a Trip the Clubhouse

For those thinking about participating in the First Ever Toddfather Group Break, there are still spots available. Eleven spots are filled. Only five more to guarantee a break will ensue. You can check out which teams are left by clicking HERE.

Now let's get to the real reason I'm posting tonight. I just completed another trade with one of my favorite dudes in the blogosphere. I got in touch with Brother Mark over at This Way to the Clubhouse about a week ago with a trade. Some Mets for some Rockies. Could it be bigger than Benny Agbayani and Todd Zeile to Colorado for Alex Ochoa, Craig House and Ross Gload? Most definitely!!! Here are the highlights.


From 1997 Topps Stadium Club, this Patent Leather card of the "Big Cat" Andres Galarraga is freaking sweet. Never seen one before, but glad I own one now.


Another insert from that '97 Stadium Club, it's Firebrand. I kinda miss the late '90s inserts like this. Fun fact: 1997 was Galarraga's last year with the Rockies before moving on to Atlanta. The Big Cat's move opened the door for none other than Mr. Todd Helton.


With the numerous Rockies I received from Mark, he was also generous enough to help out my newest player collection Freddie Freeman. 2012 Heritage here. I like Freddie's stern face.


Finally, a 2011 Topps Opening Day Blue rookie Freeman. All the cards, great as always. Just what I've come to expect from a trip to the Clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment