Monday, August 13, 2012

Coming Through in the Clutch

About a week ago, I dropped a line to my friend, Mark, over at This Way to the Clubhouse after a visit to the flea market. Within three days, a deal was struck. Now...well, now it's time to boast those sweet cards!

For the first time since starting my blog, a trader has hit my soft spot for this years NL West cellar-dwellers. Mark hit me up with the original Blake Street Bomber, Dante Bichette and the current Mile Hogh Hero Troy Tulowitzki. Bichette is a career .299 hitter and a four-time All Star. All with the Rox . Sure, Dante was a product of hitting in Coors, but you won't hear Rockies fans complaining. Tulo is a Colorado favorite and is currently on the DL. Other notable Rockies Received: EY, Girardi, Ellis Burks, and of course Jayhawk Owen.










Outside my CR stack, Mark sent me some cards to get me even closer to complete sets. 1990 Fleer, 2012 Archive, 1990 Topps, and 1991 Topps just to name a few. All in all, exactly what I've come to expect from a trade with Mark. Excellence!



2 comments:

  1. I knew you were a Rocks fan, but wasn't sure who or what you collected. I've got plenty more for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any of the Blake Street Bombers, past and present. Bichette, Walker, Galarraga, Castilla, Burks, Helton, Tulo, CarGo.

    ReplyDelete