Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Trio of Todds

Hooray! Posts on back-to-back days! Go me.

While sharing my recent acquisitions with you yesterday, I neglected to mention my continuation of collecting the namesake of this blog. It's not much, but in this quest even the smallest of base cards is considered a blessing.

Without further ado, let me introduce you the cream of the crop, and honestly almost any crop I've ever had.


BAM!!! Numbered 1 out of 25, a 2013 Panini America's Pastime Boys of Summer Auto Gold of Mr. Helton. This is literally the third most awesome card in my collection. I even rank it higher than my only printing plate. (Reason: It's from Pacific. Still ranks Top 5, though.) I didn't even know this set existed until 10 days ago when I spotted a few on eBay, and this one is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahaha!

Sorry. Got a little carried away there.

Anyway, I do have a couple others to show. Though not as high profile as "The Auto," as we will now refer to it, the next card has a connection to the one pictured above.



Another Panini! Panini has been elusive for me in terms of Helton. If I am recalling correctly, I have just five Heltons made by Panini (Prizm, Pinnacle, Hometown Heroes, Select, America's Pastime) this year, not including "The Auto".

I'm slacking, friends. So if you have any Panini Heltons...well, you know where to find me.

The third of this triplet of Todds is not the prettiest or hottest or most recent, but as I said earlier every little bit helps.



A 1998 Pinnacle Plus rookie. You can never have enough rookies, right? I thought so too. Definitely a solid add.

That does it for tonight's episode, boys and girls. Tune in tomorrow to see if I can make it three days in a row. Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pickups, I am a fan of the America's Pastime set. The Helton is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Helton cards! That Auto is awesome! Nice pick-ups!

    ReplyDelete