Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Did You See That?

I don't care how old I get. I will always enjoy the Home Run Derby. Whether it's Big Mac crushing bombs over the Monster in '99, the terrible country-themed derby in '05 that screwed up Bobby Abreu's career, or Josh Hamilton's assault on Yankee Stadium, every derby is special in its own way. And this year is no different.

After 17 dingers to pace the first round, Yoenis Cespedes defeated the "phenom" Bryce Harper 9-8 in the finals of this year's Home Run Derby.

Even though Cespedes was my pick, that is not the only thing I liked about the this year's rendition.

1) Harper's hair

2) Cespedes' first round BOMBS


3) Michael Cuddyer repping the Rockies well


4) Harper's dad almost beaning Harper


5) Competitive balance of the participants


6) Surprise of how well Pedro Alvarez performed


Did I miss anything? Oh yeah...


Your 2013 Home Run Derby Champion!!! (And apparently WWE Champ after defeating John Cena at Money in the Bank.)

No comments:

Post a Comment