Thursday, March 21, 2013

So I Took a Trip to Target..

And of course I had to drop by the forbidden baseball card section before walking out of the Bulleye's doors. I stood contemplating. "Do I really need these?" The answer, my friends, was a simple, "YES!!!"

I found myself in another dilemma, though. Heritage, Opening Day, Stickers, or Repack? Sure, I'd get a nice assortment of cards from Heritage, but I'm not aiming for completion of that set. Just picking up for my PC. Sure, I'd get a lot of random cards with a Repack, but I'm sure I probably already have half of them (my luck). 

That left me with Opening Day, a set with I try, emphasis on the word "try" to complete each year. Or Stickers, which are only $.99 for a pack of eight.

Why not get one of each?!?!

So, that's what I did. A rack pack of Opening Day and a pack of Stickers.


About halfway through the pack of Opening Day these were awaiting my arrival. All of them pretty much one after another. I love when a plan comes together.

These were not the only nice cards in the 24-card pack.


Check out my star pulls. I finally got to watch Rizzo play in the WBC. Boy, is he something special! Machado was a bit of a suprise. J-Up looks good even in airbrushed Braves attire.


 Don'e forget the inserts. No one from my PCs, but nice cards nontheless.


The stickers were quite a disappointment! No one I want, and I'm not working on the set. All are for trade, preferably for someone I can use.

Oh, Target card section...Why must you beckon me with you're great deals!!!

Good stuff, though.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in the mascot stickers, and the Clemente.

    I have the Heritage Rockies Rookies Ortega/Scahill card, and also Nicasio and Friedrich.

    I am also collecting the Opening Day mascots and the Play Hard set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clemente, Mascot stickers, and Phillie Phanatic are yours. If you still want them, feel free to email me. I'm sure we can set up a trade. It's roxfantn17 at yahoo dot com.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I've seen the new stickers... I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete