Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

Two words started this trade: Jerricho Cotchery. Or was it Fathead Tradeable. Ok, so make that four words.

I was over at The Chronicles of Fuji and noticed he was trying to complete the 2009 Fathead Tradeables football set. It just so happens that I picked up a few boxes at Champs Sports a couple years ago for 99 cents hoping to flip them. Mr. Cotchery was the only one I had left that Fuji needed. I threw in a some Packer and Seahawk cards to sweeten the deal, too. 

(Note: I am trying to get rid of what few football cards I have except for former UT players. Hit me up with your team, and I'll see what I've got)


A couple emails later, I end up with these beauties.


I picked up the base version of this Ultra Team Players cards at the Flea Market I frequent last summer. Now, the Gold Medallion is mine as well.


You can really tell from the scan, but this '02 Diamond King Bronze of the Toddfather is framed by the white border. The scan does this card no justice whatsoever.


Last, but definitely not least, is one of the rainbow of 2008 UD Baseball Heroes. Beige numbered 199/299. Neat number to have. I think I just need pink, indigo, maroon, orange, plaid, and macaroni and cheese left in this set. Oh, and don't forget those colors with the patch, too.

Anyway, thanks for the trade Fuji and the wonderful additions to the Helton portfolio. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad the cards arrive safely. Thanks for the trade. It's motivated me to finally wrap up this set. I should have a blog post for my end later on tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trade.

    Also, I like the change in font on your blog. Much easier on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops... nevermind. After I commented it changed back. My CPU must be having issues.

      Delete