Friday, February 28, 2014

New Additions: Ashley's Edition

As I mentioned a couple days ago, the 2014 Donruss was not all I walked out of my LCS with on Wednesday. But instead of bragging about what I was able to add to my collection (yet), I thought I'd dedicate this post to what my brought back to my better half.

If you've not read before, I've been blessed with a girlfriend you not only encourages my hobby but embraces it. Like I, Ashley has developed her own collection of players she likes for one reason or the other, mostly her favorite Ohio State football players.

So every now and again, I feed her collection, which I was able to do in my latest trip to Knoxville. Take a glimpse at her newest additions.

If you've glanced at her page on the tab above, you'll see the name of Ashley's favorite athlete centered at the top of the page: James Laurinaitis.


Here we have Laurinaitis in "old school", as Ashley refers to it, and gold. It's hard to find James in this neck-of-the-woods, so I have to take what I can get or wait until another COMC Black Friday sale.

The only kind of cards Ashley prefers over the "older style" is shiny. (And what girl doesn't? Am I right fellas?) Anyway...


$1 per card. That's it. Fitzgerald Camo Refractor...$1. Beanie Wells Pink Refractor...$1. Santonio Holmes X-fractor and Black Refractor...$1 each.

And yes, I realized Fitzgerald is not a Buckeye alum. May I again refer you to Ashley's tab up to.

Speaking of non-OSU athletes, let's move to the greatest sport on earth, America's Pastime, and the man who can take credit for the heftiest portion of Ashley's collection...the "dreamy" Joe Mauer (Ashley's words, not mine).


I actually came out really good as far as the Mauers go. Finest X-fractor, Documentary Gold, Prizm Band of Brothers, and a 2014 Donruss I watched the store owner pull from the second pack ripped. Score!!! It all comes back to 2014 Donruss, apparently.

Needless to say, Ms. Ashley was very pleased with her haul from my trip to town. I couldn't just leave her out, right?

Have a great night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment