Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Purple Just Keeps Trickling In

Obviously, if you scroll down to the prior post, you'll see that I have turned my "Set Focus" to completing my 2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor set. And I'm inching ever closer to calling that set fin. 

I took a gigantic step forward with the Mike Trout. Now meet giant step two.


Yickety!!! (Or however he spells it.) I am so excited to mark Chipper off my list, and while it may not be Miguel Cabrera or Clayton Kershaw or BRYCE HARPER, it's a dang good place to start. 

Note: Did you know Chipper delete his Twitter account? He was getting pretty good at it. Also, don't ask Chipper for the truth (i.e. telling Braves' players they would lose to the Dodgers), or else you'll get it.

Anyway, not only was I able to secure a future Hall of Fame third basemen, I picked up some of the future "stars" of Major League Baseball. I use the word "stars" loosely (hence the quotation marks).


These three pitchers (Hendriks, Surkamp, Wada) combined for a 1-8 record with a 5.59 ERA in 2012. The funny part is that all those numbers were Hendriks'. Wada and Surkamp missed the 2012 season.

Adrian Cardenas was less than stellar as well batting .183 in 45 games with 6 2Bs and 2 RBI in 2012.

You maybe asking, "Why are you using 2012 numbers?" This are 2012 cards, duh.

Five steps closer! Five steps, five steps, five steps, five steps, five steps. Kudos to whoever gets that reference. Anyway, have a great night everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cardenas actually just retired from baseball and had a piece featured in the New Yorker explaining why. It's a good read if you have the time: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2013/10/why-i-quit-major-league-baseball.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your quest! It will look awesome when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete