Monday, September 15, 2014

Knocking on Completion's Door

Inching closer and closer and closer. That describes the long process for my 2013 Player Collection Project...and by the end of this post you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

But before we go there, I must show you what I was able to swipe at my card show ventures from Myrtle Beach. 

There are only three parallel sets included in the collection that are numbered. Topps Gold, Topps Heritage Purple Refractor and this...


I'm not sure why Topps went from the red-lettering (2006) to gold-lettering (2007) to blue (2009) to blue sparkle (2013), but the Sparkle definitely specific to the Opening Day label and not borrowed from the flagship color pile.

Ahem...


Hey, look. Weren't we just kinda talking about this design. To be completely honest, I prefer the Target Red to the Walmart Blue. It just looks better. Seeing as how the closest Target is approximately 30 miles away and the Walmart is 3 miles away tops, I get the bigger crop of Blues.

Let me also say, that I enjoy the All-Star and Home Run Derby cards Topps throws into Update. Probably the loner on that one. Oh, well.

Ready for more colors?


Boom! I do live in the heartland of Rocky Top Country and am a University of Tennessee grad, so this Chrome Orange Hosmer is right up my alley.

For the record, I don't have a preference to the Orange or Purple Refractors for 2013. 2012 is a different story, though. You'll have to glance at my Want List to see which I'm referring to.

Blue Sparkle, Walmart Blue, Orange Refractor...what else could I possibly have in store for this post?


Emerald, of course! I'm really torn on the Emeralds. It was a great change of scenery to the parallel landscape, but did it have to be sparkly? Apparently, yes. Let's just say, I like it better than the Orange and Yellow parallels from this year. Quit overdoing the colors, Topps!!!

A promised here is an updated standing on this Project.


Overall, I'm at 85.2% complete and scoring a C+ or better on all but one set (I've never liked Bowman Chrome).

A little research, box searching, eBay perusing and friendly help and I'll be able to finally put this puppy to rest.

Let me get my John Walsh voice on. Uh hmmm....If you or a loved one have seen or know the whereabouts of any of the missing cards from my set, please contact me at one of the email addresses above, Facebook or Twitter. Thank you and have a great night.

Anybody have a throat lozenge?


1 comment:

  1. I have a WalMart just about across the street. I pretty much only get the "blues" as well.

    ReplyDelete